This simple vegan whipped cream contains coconut milk, natural sweetener and optional spices – when chilled and beaten together, this formula creates a airy whipped cream so decadent that you may just eat the entire bowl in one sitting. Although coconut is high in saturated fat, its presence isn’t worrisome because the types of saturated fat contained is actually beneficial to the body (lauric acid and myristic acid). Such saturated fats has been said to raise good cholesterol levels, jumpstart the metabolism and even aid in weight loss. That being said, you still shouldn’t eat the entire bowl in one sitting, because too much of a good thing is never good.
Simple Vegan Whipped Cream
Ingredients and Equipment:
- 1 can of natural full fat coconut milk chilled in the fridge overnight
- 2.5 tbsp. of natural powdered sweetener – I used powdered cane sugar for this recipe, but powdered stevia or powdered xylitol can substitute.
- Pinch of cinnamon and clove (optional)
- Hand Mixer
- Carefully remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge and open it without shaking or flipping over.
- Next, scoop the white layer of coconut milk into the awaiting bowl and set the clear liquid on the bottom aside to use in another recipe. Tip: the clear liquid can be added to ice creams, breads or protein shakes.
- Now, add in the powdered sweetener and spices and then beat the mixture until it becomes light, airy and crazy fluffy (around 10 minutes)
- Taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- From here, you can add dollops of this coconut cream to your puddings, ice creams, pies, sorbets and cakes – it can be used as a healthier, vegan alternative almost anywhere traditional whipped cream is called for.
Disclosure: This post does contain affiliate links, while they do not affect the price of the product on your end, using them to purchase your sustainable alternatives does help to keep this website running, therefore, we thank you in advance.