This delicious veggie stew is featured in the second installment of our Eat Well, Be Naturally Beautiful series of cookbooks/DIY beauty eBooks (available for $2.99 on Amazon). This ebook features 30 healthy recipes and 30 DIY beauty recipes starring aloe vera, hemp seed and dark chocolate. The recipe below is taken from the aloe vera section. It features a hearty mixture of fresh aloe vera, mung beans, organic potatoes, spinach and sweet corn. Enjoy!
Savory Veggie Stew with Aloe, Sweet Corn and Mung Beans: Recipe serves 4 people
Ingredients and Equipment:
- 2 cups cooked mung beans
- 1 cup of chopped aloe vera flesh
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 ears of sweet corn chopped into 4 portions each
- 2 medium organic potatoes chopped
- 1 bunch of chopped spinach
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 basil leaves
- 4 cups of veggie stock (click here for homemade recipe or use a natural store-bought variety)
- 2 teaspoons of liquid aminos or favorite all purpose seasoning
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 small pot and 2 medium pots
- Cooking spoon
- Ready one medium sized pot on a medium flame and pour in the veggie stock along with the pieces of corn, potatoes and carrots – bring to a boil and then lower the flame to low.
- While the crops are simmering in pot number one, add a dollop of ghee into the second medium pot and set the flame on low.
- Add in the garlic along with the onions, cilantro and basil – allow the ingredients to saute slightly.
- Meanwhile, add some water in the small pot and bring to a boil – add in the chopped aloe and allow to boil for three minutes and then drain.
- Next, add in the boiled aloe and spinach into pot number two with the onions and garlic – allow the spinach to wilt.
- Once the spinach has wilted, add in the mung beans along with the pinch of salt, pepper and liquid aminos.
- Check the crops in pot number one as they should be cooked now – transfer the contents in pot number two into pot number one and add in 2 teaspoons of ghee.
- Allow the flavors to marry, taste, adjust the flavor.
- Enjoy with a serving of polenta.