Welcome to the March 2014 Natural Living Blog Carnival: Fitting In Fitness.
This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Natural Living Blog Carnival hosted by Happy Mothering and Crunchy Farm Baby through the Green Moms Network. This month, our members are talking about how they fit fitness into their daily schedules. They’ll share tips for keeping kids active, ideas on choosing fitness gear, updates on their fitness resolutions and more.
Getting fit is the number one goal on the resolutions list for the umpteen time in a row is, while eating better and getting rid of debt takes the second and third spot. As wonderful as it is that the majority of the world want to look and feel their best – getting fit is sadly often the first resolution broken. You see, getting fit takes time, hard work, persistence and determination which can all be difficult attributes to develop while living in a “microwave” society – we want results now! We really do not want to work hard, we want those pounds to magically melt away and when it doesn’t, we get discouraged and quit. Nevertheless, it is possible to regain motivation and reach your get fit goal, below are 6 easy ways to do so.
6 Easy Ways to Accomplish your Get Fit Goal:
- Prepare your mind: You will have to get out of the microwave mindset and prepare your mind to the fact that your get fit goal is going to be gradual. Do not expect your body to change instantly or you will get discouraged.
- Break it up: If your goal is to lose weight then your aim should be to preform at least 30 minutes of cardio at least 5 days a week. If doing 30 minutes of non-stop cardio is to much for you, try breaking it up into three 10 minutes workouts – you can exercise for 10 minutes before breakfast, 10 minutes an hour after lunch and 10 minutes before bedtime.
- Consume fat eaters: Include natural fat eaters into your daily diet – foods such as warm lemon/lime juice, apple cider vinegar, green juices, nuts, coconut oil and Cayenne pepper are all natural fat eaters. It is also important to stay hydrated with lots of water
- Make it fun: If you are not having fun working out, then you wouldn’t be motivated to continue. Listen to music while you workout, or join a class to keep you motivated.
- Forget about it: Do not obsess about reaching your goal, include your determined efforts into your daily routine and forget about it. Obsessing can lead to stress and stress can cloud your mind with negativity.
- Be patient: Be patient. It may take up to 12 weeks for you to see any real results from your efforts, nevertheless, if you are working hard, your efforts will pay off.
Getting your body to look its best is one of the best ways to feel your best, because when you know you look good, you can’t help but feel good. Keep your eyes on the price and your mind strong, and you will accomplish your get fit goal with ease.
Visit Happy Mothering and Crunchy Farm Baby to learn more about participating in next month’s Natural Living Blog Carnival!
Please take some time to enjoy the posts our other carnival participants have contributed: