Dandruff will always return if the fungus that causes it is not killed off completely. Commercial medicated shampoos and ointments are usually effective at ridding the scalp of the annoying itchy white stuff, but they are often expensive and loaded with un-naturals that can strip the hair of vial healthy nutrients. Raw apple cider vinegar contains enzymes and properties that act as a fungicide and a cleanser. This simple recipe is inexpensive, all natural and highly effective at killing the fungus that causes reoccurring dandruff.
Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar Dandruff Treatment Recipe:
Ingredients and Equipment Needed:
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1/3 cup of raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- Medium sized bowl
- Plastic spray bottle
- Whisk together the raw honey with the apple cider vinegar and water, continue whisking until the honey is melted and all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Transfer the solution to the plastic spray bottle.
How to use:
- Separate your hair into four sections
- With the aid of a comb, path hair and spray vinegar mixture into scalp, continuing until your entire head is sprayed
- Cover hair with a plastic bag or shower cap and let mixture sit for 15 minutes
- Rinse vinegar out of hair and proceed to shampoo and condition with a natural based cleanser.
- Repeat pre-shampoo treatment once a week; it may take up to two weeks to see results.
This pre-shampoo treatment can be used long after the dandruff disappears as enzyme rich raw apple cider vinegar and raw honey are both wonderful at restoring health to the hair
*Store remaining mixture for up to week in the refrigerator*