The sight of a colorful rainbow is powerful enough to lighten the hearts of the grouchiest of souls. The playful round of colors and the mystical way in which it appears is truly awe-worthy. Read on to learn a few interesting facts about them..
Interesting Facts about Rainbows:
- Rainbows are formed by the reflection and refraction of light and water in the atmosphere.
- Rainbows are full-circle entities, however, they appear to be in the shape of an arc because most of us view them from the ground.
- Rainbows can be seen with our eyes but not touched with our hands.
- Double rainbows are formed when the light reflects twice.
- The primary colors of the rainbow are red, green, orange, yellow, indigo and violet.
- Rainbows have deep roots in folklore and legend, the most popular being that there is a pot of gold laying at the end of every rainbow guarded by a naughty leprechaun.