Solid food tends to take longer to digest than foods in a more liquid state. As a result, undigested foods can begin to decompose and acidify in your GI tract. This acidification can cause an internal toxic environment which can result in excess gas, abdominal pains, constipation and parasites. Trading your solid meals for natural protein shakes every once in a while is an easy way to give your digestive tract a break.
Natural protein shakes can deliver high-nutrition directly to the digestive system without the need to break food down. As a result, the body is more energized, and bowel movements are more uniformed. The yummy Chocolatey Banana and Almond Butter shake below is a featured recipe in the soon-to-be-published latest installment of my “Eat Well, Be Naturally Beautiful” series of recipe ebooks. It pairs high protein hemp, almonds and brown rice with high fiber flaxseed, buckwheat and chia as well as antioxidant-rich chocolate, moringa leaf, and cinnamon. The result is pure creamy goodness that will keep you full and satisfied until your next meal.
Chocolatey Banana and Almond Butter Shake:
Ingredients and equipment:
- 3 cups unsweetened hemp milk (use almond milk or rice milk as a substitute)
- 2 tsp raw brown sugar (adjust sweetness per taste)
- 2 tbsp natural almond butter
- 1 tsp pure buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp pure brown rice flour
- 1 tsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp moringa leaf powder
- 1 tsp pure cocoa powder
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp pure coconut flour
- ½ banana
- ¼ tsp pure cinnamon
- Quality blender,
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the blender and pulse to incorporate.
- Next, add in the hemp milk, almond butter, and the banana – blend until smooth.
- Transfer to the awaiting tumbler and enjoy!