Baba Ghanoush is a popular hummus-style spread of Lebanese descent. It features nutritionally dense eggplants and tahini as well as raw garlic and extra virgin olive oil. In this version, I added sprouted garbanzo beans and sun-dried tomatoes to create a hearty spread that would complement pita chips, raw veggies and sandwiches.
Yummy Baba Ghanoush with Spouted Garbanzos + Sun-dried Tomatoes:
Ingredients and Equipment:
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup wet/cooked sprouted garbanzo beans
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp organic tahini
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Food processor
- Serving bowl
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise down the middle, drizzle with olive oil and allow to roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Once roasted, scoop the eggplant out (leaving the skin behind) and transfer to the awaiting food processor along with the garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice – pulse to incorporate.
- While pulsing slowly, add the olive oil until the mixture turns to a spreadable consistency.
- Next, transfer to the awaiting bowl and fold in the salt and pepper along with the parsley and cilantro.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and enjoy!