January is national hot tea month, it is a wonderful time to pause in observe of the ever-giving tea. There are thousands of different varieties of tea available in the world all produced from a plant called Camellia Sinensis. History states that the first known cup of tea was brewed in 2700 BC. by the Chinese, since day in history, hot tea has become a remedy and a comfort for many.
In the world of alternative health, premium varieties of green tea, black tea, oolong, blooming tea and herbal blends are among the most popular. Each variety of tea bares its own characteristics and list of health benefits. Depending on the variety, regular consumption of hot tea can cleanse the system, strengthen immunity, calm the senses, provide lasting energy and even sooth you to sleep.
5 Ways to Celebrate National Hot Tea Month:
- Get to know your favorite tea: Celebrate national hot tea month by getting to know your favorite tea a little better. Research the different varieties and learn of its health benefits, origin and even possible side effects.
- Add hot tea to your diet: The best way to celebrate is to drink more of it. Regular consumption is necessary to reap the most out of your tea. For example, drinking up to 5 cups of tea a day can strengthen tooth enamel and strengthen the immune system.
- Give the gift of tea: If you love it, give some away! Gifting baskets of tea or tea sets is a unique and wonderful way to celebrate. Abe’s Market carries a great variety of herbal and organic tea
- Spread the word: Spread the word on National Hot Tea Month so that others can join in on the appreciation.
- Use tea externally: Tea is often incorporated in homemade soaps, shampoos and lotions. The antioxidant properties in certain varieties have been proven to restore the PH balance of the hair and skin. Check out these recipes for Natural Peppermint Green Tea Shampoo and Tea Tree Oil and Green Tea Acne Face Wash
Drinking hot tea is an inexpensive way to add natural vitality to your life. Have a Happy National Hot Tea Month!